Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Alexis Mattila- 2nd Post

Alena Chendler
I couldn't find any information on this artist. I think she's Russian. I'm drawn to her work because of the way she successfully makes her pieces seem rather quiet and soft, even if there is a lot going on in them. I can't find the right word to describe kind of photography...it's not exactly serene, but it isn't chaotic either. Muted, perhaps? I'm not sure, but either way, I find it extremely appealing.
Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alnka/







Lina Scheynius

Lina Scheynius was born in 1981 in Vänersborg, Sweden. She believes that travel plays an important role in her work; often bouncing around between London, Paris and Sweden. Scheynius works in fashion photography and produces a great amount of personal work as well. Her style, in both editorial and personal pieces, conveys a sense of intimate observation, and on her website, she states, "My absolute favourite subject is my own life and the people in it. I shoot it and show it like a diary." Her portraits reflect this as well, for they are almost always candid, even if she staged a shoot.
Scheynius has been published in magazines including British Vogue, AnOther man, Double, Exit, Elle US, Numero Korea, Dazed and Confused and more.
Source: http://www.linascheynius.com/






Jennilee Marigomen



I found this artist on booooooom, and it had a link to her website. I really love her style of photography, the vintage essence and the way the subjects in the photo are not always the subject OF the photo, but help to tell a bigger story about the piece as a whole. Marigomen's website didn't provide a whole lot of information about herself, only that she currently lives and works in Vancouver.
Source: http://www.jennileemarigomen.com/







Leo Le Bug




Again, I had trouble finding anything about the artist or their work. He lives in Paris. I wish I was able to take some of his strong portraits from his website, but I couldn't find a way to download them. These images were featured on booooooom, and even though they're not a good representation of his portraiture work, they are still good representations of himself as an artist. He is very good at capturing the perfect body positions, not too vague and not too over dramatic: Subtle figures that convey profound emotion, insight and provide thought-provoking curiosity.
Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leolebug/

No comments:

Post a Comment